Create a Gmail account
To sign up for Gmail, create a Google Account. You can use the username and password to sign in to Gmail and other Google products like YouTube, Google Play, and Google Drive.
- Go to the Google Account creation page.
- Follow the steps on the screen to set up your account.
- Use the account you created to sign in to Gmail.
To create a new Gmail email account:
- Visit Create your Google Account for Gmail.
- Enter your first and last name in the Name section.
- Type your desired username under Choose your username.
- Your Gmail email address will be your username followed by “@gmail.com.” If your Gmail username is “example,” for instance, your Gmail address is “email@example.com.”
- Enter a password for your Gmail account under both Create a password and Confirm your password. Pick an email password that is difficult to guess.
- For enhanced security, you should later enable two-factor authenticationfor your Gmail account.
- Click Next.
- Enter your mobile phone number and an alternate email address for account verification and authorization. Google uses this information to protect your privacy and to allow you to recover a lost password.
- Enter your birth date and gender in the fields provided.
- Click Next.
- You are asked to verify your phone number. You can skip this step if you prefer.
- Read and the Privacy and Terms and then click I Agree to continue.
- Note: If you do not agree to the privacy and terms, you will not be able to continue creating a Gmail account.
- That’s it. You’re done. Once you click I Agree you’re taken to the My Account page for the email address you just created. From there, you can sign into your account, manage your personal information, and set your account preferences.